The EOA is a membership organisation that supports businesses throughout their EO business lifecycle – from transitioning to employee ownership and bringing it to life, to leveraging the benefits. Our purpose is to unlock the potential of employees, businesses and the economy through good employee ownership.
- We connect – bringing our 600+ members together via events, introductions and networks.
- We champion – enabling our members and supporters to share and celebrate their EO business success stories and expertise.
- We campaign – collaborating and using our knowledge and research of the EO sector to influence and inform.
Our members recently told us their three most important membership benefits.
We connect our members and share knowledge & learning through our Virtual Network Meetings (which have replaced our regional network meetings), as well as by bringing together small groups of members who have shared issues or opportunities via our EOA Conversations, our Annual Conference and through our online community and forum, the EO Hub.
We’re told that our learning sessions, teamed with the ability to connect with others from like-minded businesses creates a supportive and learning and networking environment that supports individuals with benefits to the business.
In addition to these organised events, all of the benefits EOA membership provides are underpinned by having a dedicated account manager that can offer bespoke introductions to other businesses who can share best practice and their experiences with you.
Plus we deliver three learning courses that support your business to develop an effective employee ownership culture, which focus on the three pillars of empowering leadership, Employee Trustee and Directors and Developing and Representing Employee Voice via our EO Learn programme.
We work with our members throughout the year to support their employee ownership succession and EO business success stories, sharing on our channels and digital spaces.
We use our annual campaigns and events to further raise awareness of employee ownership, for example our members recently helped us to celebrate and make some noise for EO Day 2022. Together we reached more than 1.9m accounts through social media, and delivered dozens of media articles that helped us to reach out to key influencers on growing employee ownership.
Our members have been central to helping us gather the insights and data needed to influence the growth of the sector. You can read the evidence we have collected through research with our partner organisations over the past few years; this evidence has supported us in our mission to influence the government, media and business organisations. In 2018, 100 of our members were involved in an inquiry into employee ownership which lead to the publication of the report The Ownership Dividend – The economic case for employee ownership.
We are now working towards one of the biggest pieces of research now the sector has reached more than 1,000 businesses to evidence both the economic and social impact of employee ownership.
Types of membership
- Affiliate membership – We connect you with learning, support and expertise to explore and become employee owned. Click here for more information>>>
- Partner membership – We connect you with learning opportunities and your peers to help you sustain and grow as an employee owned business as well as tell your successful succession stories to help raise awareness of the EO sector. Click here for more information>>>
- Trustee membership – We support you to develop as an employee owned business as you contribute to growing the profile of the EO sector and the EOA in our work to champion and campaign for more employee ownership. Click here for more information>>>
- Supporter membership – We support you to share your expertise through our events and communications as part of the eco system that supports the growth of employee ownership. Click here for more information>>>
You can view a full list of our members (only those who are already employee owned or advisors) on our member directory and our member map or see the list of logos below. We keep the identity of those exploring employee ownership with us confidential until they are ready to announce their transition.
Join the EOA
To find out how EOA membership can benefit your organisation, email us at email@example.com or call us on 01482 667122