Day Three – 18.11.2021
15:30 – 16:10
Engaging employees in Sustainable Development Goals; WAVE Refrigeration’s story
Join EOA members Wave Refrigeration for a case study presentation and Q&A where they’ll be sharing how they have engaged employee owners to become committed to achieving the advancement of their sustainable development goals (SDGs), aligned to the goals set by the United Nations General Assembly. It is an approach that has helped secure their position as Investors in People Awards 2021 finalists in the Employee Engagement of the Year category
You will hear from James Bailey, Founder and Ellie Clare, Operations Manager on how to understand sustainable development goals, how to plan to develop your own, as well as the role of employees in achieving these goals and the impact they have on the business.
You will learn:
- Understand Sustainable Development Goals and embedding them in your business.
- Empowering employees to achieve Sustainable Development Goals.
- The impact on the business.
Investors in People Awards 2021 – Finalists
The team at WAVE are shortlisted as Investors in People Awards 2021 finalists in the Employee Engagement of the Year category. The shortlisting is based on five pillars that are embedded into the DNA of WAVE:
- The continuous delivery of our CSR – linked to the Sustainable Development Goals
- Continuous quest for leadership and organisational culture improvements – linked to Investors in People accreditation
- The efforts that WAVE place on recruiting , mentoring, and supporting young people – linked to their Next Generation development programme
- The efforts WAVE place in ensuring customer satisfaction
- The pride in being an employee-owned company