When Claremont Group Interiors became employee owned in December 2020, people were initially highly sceptical about what it actually meant.
Since then, Claremont Group Interiors have focused on succession planning and rewarding the efforts and contributions of the 125-strong team. Whilst it’s not been plane sailing, it has opened up opportunities to leverage the benefits of being employee owned.
Their people first approach has led to pre-tax profits of £3m in the first year of being employee owned, almost double their previous best performance.
You’ll gain insight from Jana Jassova, Group HR Manager and Employee Ownership Trustee Director and Mike Gardner, Executive Chairman of Claremont and EOT board member on:
- Why people were initially sceptical about employee ownership and how Claremont have educated and continually engage people in what being EO actually means.
- Claremont’s Annual Engagement Survey that measures employee satisfaction and identifies improvement measures for the business – and how it differs from Claremont’s annual survey that captures what being employee owned means to colleagues.
- The leadership behaviours and development that were needed for the new EO business leaders to step up, allowing the founder to step back.
- How Claremont implemented governance to ensure the business acts in employees’ best interests – forming an Employee Council and how they identified people to join the EOT Board.
- Some of the key success factors, challenges and lessons learned on Claremont’s EO journey so far.
You will have an opportunity to continue the conversation with our speakers in smaller networking groups and learn from fellow members on other topics unique to employee ownership.
During networking time, you’ll also be able to learn from EOA members:
- Thincats – How to access funding
- Brabners – 5 steps to becoming an EOB
- London and Capital
With a diverse membership representing most sectors, sizes and locations across the UK, these Virtual Network Meetings are an opportunity to develop new contacts, discuss challenges and opportunities and share best practice and learning.
Registration on the day is from 10:55am, to allow a prompt 11am start.
To create an enhanced event experience, we are using a platform called Airmeet. Once you have registered via the booking form below, you will be sent an email detailing the joining instructions.