The availability of finance directly influences businesses ability to grow to their full potential. Employee Ownership (EO) is currently the fastest growing business sector with the number of firms growing 18% in 2019 and having a combined turnover of £30 billion.
Yet the evidence shows that this fast-growing and substantial part of the economy is being overlooked by investors and lenders – meaning they are missing out on a growing market and the opportunity for a new pipeline of long-term custom.
The EOA’s 2018 business-backed Ownership Dividend report revealed challenges to faster growth of the sector, with a lack of awareness of EO amongst professional advisers and funders being the biggest barrier.
Sponsored by Unity Trust Bank, this Symposium will enable you to:
- Share your experiences, learning and ideas about lending to EO firms
- Understand which sectors and types of business are most suited to EO
- Receive copies of a new report from leading think tank, Ownership at Work, and hear from authors – industry experts Baxi Partnership and Capital 4 Colleagues about the opportunities and challenges for finance in this rapidly growing sector
- Share ideas on policies and action required to transform the role of finance in this sector with Baroness Sharon Bowles of Berkhamstead, the Chair of the Ownership Dividend and non-executive director of the London Stock Exchange Group.
- Hear from a range of panelists including David Robinson, Chairman of Richer Sounds and Mike Swinburne, Finance Director of Cambridge Weight Plan
This invite-only Symposium will attract representatives from the UK’s main banks, challenger banks, funds and corporate finance professional advisers.
We very much hope that you will be able to join us.
For further information and to enquire about an invitation:
Please contact Anne Richardson, External Communications and Partnerships Executive: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: (01482) 667 122