Employee Owned Business of the Year – UK Employee Ownership Awards 2023
Employee Owned Business of the Year
This Award, for well-established employee owned businesses, focuses on brilliant performance in the sector. It recognises the best all round performance of an employee owned company during the year between 1 July 2022 – 1 July 2023.
A worthy winner of this award is an employee owned business that can demonstrate outstanding achievements relating to services and/or products plus overall performance.
This award is awarded to an individual at an employee owned business.
- You must currently be an employee owned business, and have transitioned to employee ownership before 1 July 2020.
- You must be UK-based or have a significant UK presence.
- You must be able to demonstrate how you meet a minimum of one of the eligibility criteria.
- You are welcome to nominate your organisation for more than one award, but please note that organisations will not be shortlisted for more than one award. This does not include awards given to individuals.
- The organisation must be able to evidence a direct link between their EO status and their business performance.
- The organisation must be able to evidence why 1 July 2022-1 July 2023 was an important or successful year for the business.
The nominated organisation should show how it meets some (or all) of the following criteria.
During the year 2022-2023:
- The organisation has had a notably successful year, whether in terms of profitability, financial success, employee engagement, improvement in business operations or other factors that can be evidenced.
- The organisation’s EO has had a positive impact on the profitability, financial performance, or products delivered by the company.
- The organisation’s EO has had a positive impact on the employees in the company.
- The organisation’s EO has had a positive impact on the delivery of services, products, or customer experience.
- The organisation’s EO has had a positive impact on the community or area(s) in which the business operates.
- The organisation can show that its employee satisfaction and retention outperforms expectations for its sector.
- Winners will be announced at the UK Employee Ownership Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner, taking place as part of the annual EOA Conference on 27 & 28 November in Liverpool.
- Shortlisted nominees will be contacted by late October at the latest.