EO Transition of the Year – UK Employee Ownership Awards 2023
EO Transition of the Year
This award recognises shining exemplars of a successful EO transition, and is opened to those who became employee owned between 1 July 2022 and 1 September 2023.
It celebrates a business that has demonstrated fantastic communication and engagement with employees regarding the transition, has carefully considered governance in the process and immediately after transition, and can show that it has delivered good leadership before, during and after the transition. The winner will be able to demonstrate that their staff have embraced the change and that the organisation is truly committed to engaging its workforce.
This award is awarded at an organisational level.
- The organisation must have completed its EO transition between 1 July 2022 and 1 September 2023.
- Your business must be UK-based or have a significant UK presence.
- You must be able to demonstrate how you meet a minimum of one of the eligibility criteria.
- You are welcome to nominate your organisation for more than one award, but please note that organisations will not be shortlisted for more than one award. This does not include awards given to individuals.
The nominated organisation should show how it meets some (or all) of the following criteria:
- The organisation has demonstrated that it has communicated about its planned transition to employee ownership well.
- The organisation has demonstrated strong leadership through the transition – whether by an owner, CEO, senior leadership team, employee council or any other members of the organisation.
- The organisation has put in place excellent governance processes before, during or shortly after its transition that has demonstrably given employees a stake and a say in the organisation.
- The organisation’s transition has had a positive impact on the profitability of the company.
- The organisation’s transition has had a positive impact on the employees in the company.
- The organisation’s transition has had a positive impact on the community or area(s) in which the business operates.
- Winners will be announced at the UK Employee Ownership Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner, taking place as part of the annual EOA Conference on 27 & 28 November in Liverpool.
- Shortlisted nominees will be contacted by late October at the latest.