Employee Owner of the Year – UK Employee Ownership Awards 2023
Employee Owner of the Year
This award celebrates an individual, irrespective of their seniority or position in the company, who is a true champion of EO and has delivered outstanding impact to develop and promote the principles of good EO in their business.
This award is awarded to an individual at an employee owned business.
- This award is open to any individual within the organisation, not necessarily management or senior management, who champions EO day in, day out.
- You must be able to demonstrate how the nominee meets a minimum of one of the eligibility criteria.
- The individual must be employed by a business that is currently employee owned. The business must have become employee owned at any time on or before 1 July 2023.
- The individual must be employed in the UK, by a business that is UK-based or has a significant UK presence.
- The individual must be directly employed by the employee owned business; they cannot be a contractor.
The nominated individual should demonstrate that they meet some or all of the following criteria to an exceptional stanard:
- The individual has delivered exceptional value in their contribution to the organisation’s employee ownership culture through their communications and engagement with fellow employees, their leadership, or their participation in governance.
- The individual has demonstrated that they consistently champion employee ownership within the business and/or externally.
- As an employee owner, the individual has added significant value to the business beyond the basics of their core role.
- The individual has helped to raise the profile of the business’s EO, internally within the company and/or externally.
- Winners will be announced at the UK Employee Ownership Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner, taking place as part of the annual EOA Conference on 27 & 28 November in Liverpool.
- Shortlisted nominees will be contacted by late October at the latest.