New members, milestones and successes in May
This month we welcome more new members to the EOA, celebrate some key milestones and celebrate member successes.
Firstly, its welcome to new members Combined Flooring and David Narro Associates.
- Combined Flooring is a specialist in industrial flooring offering consultancy and flatness surveying. The business has 11 employee owners and is based in Hampshire.
- David Narro Associates is a Consulting Structural and Civil Engineers. The business has 49 employee owners and is based in Edinburgh
And it’s also ‘Happy employee ownership Birthday’ for our members who celebrated milestones in April and May.
- WATG celebrated its 1st employee owned birthday on April 4 this year. The London-based architects employ 360 people.
- Eagle Plant celebrated its 1st year as an employee owned business on 15 Apr. The plant hire business employs 240 people and is based in Somerset.
- MyCSP celebrated its 5th anniversary since becoming employee owned on May 8. The pension services business employs 550 people and is based in Stockport.
- Collective architecture celebrated its10th year as an employee owned business on May 8. This architects practice employs 41 people and is based in Glasgow.
- Formation Architects celebrated its 1st year as an employee owned business on May 27. The London-based Architects firm employs 60 people
Childbase Partnership conference to fully hand business to employees
Childbase Partnership has become 100% employee owned this month, following a vote to move to an employee ownership trust. The Employee Owners celebrated at a handing over conference last weekend (Saturday 27 May) (Pictured).
Rowlinson Knitwear’s golden moments
Rowlinson Knitwear has had a lot to shout in the last few weeks when it comes to staff engagement receiving its Gold Investors in People award for the second time as well as being names one of the UK’s Best Workplaces.
Castlefield in the fastest 50
Castlefield has been named as one of Ward Hadaway’s ‘Fastest 50’ of 2017 which celebrates the achievements of profitable and fast-growing, Manchester based, private companies after a great 3-year performance. Stephens Scown’s awards hattrick Stephens Scown was rewarded for its innovative approach in the Managing Partners’ Forum Awards 2017 taking home the titles in the Best Managed National Firm, Best Leadership of a Mould-breaking Firm and Best Corporate Culture categories.
Team Consulting hires 100th employee
Team Consulting has reached a milestone in its growth after almost doubling its employee owners since 2014,hiring its 100th employee owner this month.
Gripple grows plant with creative extension
Gripple has doubled the size of its Riverside plant in Attercliffe to create a modern manufacturing environment and created 15 more jobs which has been reported in the Sheffield Telegraph.