UK Employee Ownership Awards
THE ANNUAL UK EMPLOYEE OWNERSHIP AWARDS ARE
THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER ACCOLADES FOR ALL THOSE
INVOLVED IN EMPLOYEE OWNERSHIP IN THE UK
The Awards are managed by the Employee Ownership Association and are sponsored again in 2016 by leading EOA member, Baxendale an employee owned business specialising in providing support to, and raising finance for, employee owned businesses, public service mutuals and social enterprises.
With more profile than ever, the Awards celebrate and recognise excellence in employee owned businesses across the UK, provide a unique opportunity to recognise the achievements and success of individuals and teams and showcase and profile businesses across the sector and beyond.
Free to Enter
The awards are free to enter and nominations are judged by an independent panel of employee ownership experts, chaired by the Employee Ownership Association.
EOA Gala Dinner
The Awards will be presented at the EOA Gala Dinner on the first evening of the EOA Annual Conference on 21st November 2016 at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel.
THE FIVE CATEGORIES IN THE 2016 AWARDS ARE
- Employee Owned Business of the YearThis Award, for well established employee owned businesses, focuses on brilliant performance in the sector. It recognises the best all round performance of an employee owned company during the year to September 2016.
- Rising Star of the YearEndorsed by John Lewis Partnership, this Award recognises the success of an organisation that has become employee owned no more than three years prior to September 2016. It celebrates a business that is already, in its early life, becoming an effective company with a strong culture of employee ownership.
- Employee Owner of the YearThis Award celebrates an individual, irrespective of their seniority and whether they operate on the front line of the business or not, who has done the most to promote and develop employee ownership inside an employee owned organisation.
- Innovation of the YearThis Award celebrates the most compelling example of innovation within an employee owned organisation. The innovation must be currently enhancing the services and/or products of the business and the outcomes the business achieves.
- Philip Baxendale Fellowship AwardThis Award seeks nominations proposing a single individual who has in the past made, or is currently making, an outstanding contribution to the growth of employee ownership in the UK. The winner of this Award will be someone who has an indisputable commitment to employee ownership and whose influence and impact within the sector is clear and widely recognised.
The judges this year are:
- Ewan Hall, Baxendale
- Jane Burgess, John Lewis Partnership
- Tania Heap, Mott MacDonald
- Beth Carruthers, Remploy
- Andrew Pendleton, White Rose Employee Ownership Centre
- Walter Scott, Wilkin & Sons Ltd
How to Apply
Please click here and you’ll be directed to the new nominations portal.
The closing date for nominations has now passed. All entries are currently being judged. All shortlisted nominations (with the exception of the Philip Baxendale Fellowship Award) will be advised by the end of October 2016.
2016 UK EO Awards Sponsor
2015 UK EMPLOYEE OWNERSHIP AWARDS WINNERS
- Employee Owned Business of the Year - GrippleThe award of the Employee Owned Business of the Year to Gripple is the culmination of a phenomenal story of success for the entire business. And as one of the most vocal champions for employee ownership, is great for the sector as a whole too.
This well regarded and well known business has quite deservedly been recognised by the sector, in what has been its most successful year to date.
Gripple with the UK Employee Owned Business of the Year Award 2015
- Rising Star of the Year - RemployRemploy, is a phenomenal example of how a new employee owned business can deliver immediate benefits. Through their commitment to employee engagement and inclusive governance, Remploy has started its new co-owed life in the best possible way, and truly exemplifies this accolade.
Remploy with the UK Employee Owned Rising Star of the Year Award 2015
- Employee Owner of the Year - Dr David Hodgkinson, QuintessaDr David Hodgkinson is a well-deserved winner of this year’s Employee Owner of the Year Award – as it recognises the commitment and engagement undertaken to bring employee ownership to life within Quintessa, and demonstrates perfectly significant benefits that employee ownership can deliver through enhanced employee engagement.
Dr David Hodgkinson (centre right) and the Quintessa team with the UK Employee Owner of the Year Award 2015
- Innovation of the Year - Green Light Healthcare LtdGreen Light Healthcare Ltd and their committed team of employee-owners are hugely deserving of this award. The ideas and actions delivered are a perfect example of how employee owned businesses use their employee engagement to drive increased innovation and business growth.
Green Light Healthcare Ltd with the UK Employee Owned Innovation of the Year Award 2015
- Philip Baxendale Fellowship Award - Patrick Burns, ProspectsPatrick is a most deserving winner of the coveted accolade, the Philip Baxendale Fellowship Award. Patrick is not only a vocal champion for the sector, but has personally influenced its development through his various roles and responsibilities, and will remain an ambassador and champion of the employee owned sector as it continues to flourish.
Patrick Burns of Prospects (left) with the Philip Baxendale Fellowship Award 2015, accompanied by Campbell McDonald (right), Managing Director of Baxendale
- Highly Commended
Employee Owned Business of the Year:
- Bristol Community Health
- Max Fordham
Rising Star of the Year
- National Self Build and Renovation Centre
- Rowlinson Knitwear
Employee Owner of the Year
- Simon Charrington, Donald Insall Associates
- Simon La Fosse, La Fosse Associates
- Alex Rae, Wise Investment
Innovation of the Year
- Care Plus Group
- Highland Home Carers / Boleskine Community Care