Annual Conference 2017 – expert exhibitor EO clinic
As part of this year’s EOA Annual Conference you have the opportunity over the full two days to book one-to-one appointments with our expert exhibitors – members of the EOA who can provide services or advice that can enhance your business.
You can book one or more sessions in subjects including law, engagement and finance. Bookings must be made directly with the exhibitors – see our directory below.
- Specialist in the fast, efficient development and implementation of strategy and business plans
- Bringing together technology and people throughout the organisation giving them the chance to be heard and to create the best knowledge base for decisions
- Engaging team members at all levels in business planning and strategy making without disrupting hierarchy
- Encouraging participation for creative, innovative solutions, not just what’s worked before
- Demystifying strategy and by giving stakeholders the opportunity to contribute to the process this increases motivation and engagement to implement successfully
Contact: Sandy Wilson
Telephone: 07515 865 464
Baxendale has been advising and supporting employee owned businesses or businesses thinking about employee ownership with all aspect of ownership, governance, transition or culture issues since 2000. We have worked with over 100 EO clients and helped thousands of employees become owners. We can provide advice and guidance on:
- Legal questions
- Tax questions
- Accounting questions
- Best practice / options for embedding a successful employee ownership culture
Capital for Colleagues
- Finding capital is not easy – C4C focuses exclusively on Advising, Investing in and supporting the Growth of Employee Owned Businesses (EOB).
- Advice on becoming an Employee Owned Business or growing your EOB, particularly where capital and employee ownership cultural development is sought.
- Investing our patient capital in the form of equity and debt to either enable the initial transition to an EOB or to help grow the business. C4C actively supports EO business growth through sector or industry experts, as well as long term help to develop the employee ownership culture.
- With over 15 investee companies in our portfolio, C4C is well placed to support existing and future Employee Owned Businesses.
Contact: Peter Matthews
Telephone: 07500 822 199
- Fieldfisher is a full service law firm with a long history of providing friendly and practical advice to clients on changing and refreshing how business can be done.
- We have the UK’s longest established specialist employee ownership practice. We will guide you proactively on the design, tax, trust, corporate and other aspects of creating and sustaining EO solutions for businesses of all sizes and in all sectors (read about some of our recent transactions here).
- We have helped develop the UK’s range of direct, trust and hybrid EO structures including the EOT and pioneered the development of public service mutuals and other employee-led mutual structures.
- We would be delighted to answer any questions you have about employee ownership, whether they be about the transition to employee ownership, developing mature employee-owned businesses, individual share ownership, public service mutuals or anything else.
You can book an appointment with Graeme Nuttall OBE, Neil Palmer or any of our experts.
Contact: Tom Martin
Telephone: 020 7861 4303
Great Game UK
- Our approach to running a company was developed to help close one of the biggest gaps in business: the gap between managers and employees. We call our open-book management approach The Great Game of Business.
- What lies at the heart of The Game is a very simple proposition: The best, most efficient, most profitable way to operate a business is to give everybody in the company a voice in saying how the company is run and a stake in the financial outcome, good or bad.
- Our ultimate goal is to create a “business of business people” who think, act and feel like owners.
- So we teach people about business and give employees the knowledge and tools that help them understand how to play the great game of business and win!
- “The whole concept of The Great Game of Business is beautiful –consistency, alignment, and transparency, infused with core values and brought to life with powerful mechanisms. It is inspired and inspiring.” Jim Collins
Contact: Arend Welmers
Telephone: 0117 906 342
J Gadd Associates
We recognise that transitioning into, and embedding co-ownership can be both exciting and at times a little daunting. We provide a range of tailored services which complement the ‘practical’ legal and financial advice you will have sought. These cover the three areas of Employee Ownership Transformation: The Motivation, Decision and Transition.
• Transition and communication planning
• EO Leadership and Management Development
• Design, creation and implementation of EO representative bodies
• EO ownership engagement health check
• Individual and team devolvement coaching
• Facilitating great meetings and creating an Employee Ownership culture
Contact: Jeremy Gadd
Telephone: 07712 121 779
Kirkpatrick & Hope
- We are an accountancy that has been established for over 30 years specialising in giving advice to employee and family owned companies
- We help the business through the maze of government red tape and help you reach your goals.
- We help you produce business plans to help you manage your business.
- We don’t just prepare your annual accounts we look at ways to maximise your profits
- We advise you on making sure you stay on the straight and narrow from a tax point of view and also how to minimise tax and incentivise employees through share ownership
You can book an appointment with Andrew Scott or any of our experts.
Contact: Andrew Scott
Telephone: 07977 074 493 or 0118 923 5807
Pivotal Moment Transitions Ltd
Pivotal Moment Transitions supports leaders and organisations to:
- Move from ‘I-Centric’ to ‘We-Centric’ Leadership, Interactions and Culture using Conversational Intelligence® from the Creating WE Institute
- Identify and resolve hierarchical and ‘power’ issues using 3 Dimensional Mapping processes; fast, intuitive and highly cost effective for sustainable, culture-appropriate solutions
- Develop leaders through establishing co-owner accountability partnerships for individual managers’ and leaders’ growth and increased effectiveness (Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centred Coaching – a ‘No Growth, No Fee’ guarantee available)
- Build trust, engagement and loyalty internally and externally (e.g. customer relationships) using the neuroscience of leadership, hierarchy and interaction
- Build leadership and team self-awareness and capability through psychometric assessment applied to the day-to-day running of a profitable business
- Mindfulness programmes for leader and organisational resilience
- Internal Coach Training, Internal Coach Supervision, Coach Supervision Training and Developing Leader as Coach
Contact Claire James
Telephone: 0203 239 1334
As an employee-owned law firm specialising in employee ownership and members of the EOA’s expert adviser panel, you can benefit from our expertise. If you are considering a transition to employee ownership, we will demystify the process and offer comprehensive support on all legal and tax issues.
‘Working with Postlethwaite has made a complex transition easy, understandable and safe for all concerned. They provided a first-rate service at all stages of the process and the handover took place to the timetable we had asked for’ Rachel Byles, Director of Optimum Brasses
‘I knew we had the right solicitors to help us negotiate the transition of TensCare to employee ownership. Postlethwaite solicitors were clear about the process and benefits and upfront about their fees.’ Neil C Wright, Managing Director of TensCare.
Contact: Robert Postlethwaite
Telephone: 020 3818 9420
The RM2 Partnership
- Employee Ownership Trusts
- Valuation, finance structuring, capital raising, legal documentation, project management, trustee training
- Employee share schemes
- Share Incentive Plans (“SIPs”)
- Share option schemes and EMI share schemes for key employees
- Company secretarial services and administration with ISO 9001 accreditation
- Employee websites for SIPs
- Established 1996. Over 1,150 satisfied clients.
- The largest, longest established and most experienced employee ownership team in the UK
Contact: Jennifer Daniels
Telephone:020 8949 5522
In partnership with Humap Software we have developed an online collaborative platform and way of working called REAL Ownership.
This enables you to manage the functions of ownership to happen in one place, in real time, so that every co-owner can actively participate in the ownership of your organisation, wherever and whenever they work.
REAL Ownership enables you to keep people informed, involved and actively participating in the conversations and decisions that matter.
Learn with us about the processes and tools of REAL Ownership that facilitate:
- Sharing – information, knowledge, perspectives, ideas and opinions.
- Conversations – discussions and debates.
- Collaboration – in order to innovate so your business can grow and develop.
- Decision Making – including opinion polls, surveys and voting so everyone’s needs and ideas are taken into account.
Contact: Kevin Garrett
Telephone: 07557 116 913
Surveylab has more than 13 years’ experience in the design, hosting and analysis of surveys for employee voice and customer feedback.
- Have your past surveys told you what you wanted to know?
We help our clients to really understand their data and gain true insights.
- Planning to use a customer or employee survey but not sure where to start?
Take our Employee Survey Framework and tailor it to your needs; Get expert support for listening to customers to improve service levels, products and customer loyalty.
- Need help getting your survey up and running?
Need a research team? We build and manage customised surveys across a wide range of organisations worldwide.
We like questions! Book an appointment with Dan Wardle (founder and MD), or find us at the conference.
Contact: Dan Wardle or Hew Whitefoord
Telephone: 020 3137 9423
The Employee Engagement People Ltd
- Employee Ownership Pedigree – with 15 years experience we have a deep understanding of the benefits and challenges of employee ownership.
- EO Clients – we work with many EOA members such as Gripple, 3BM, Castlefield, Capital for Colleagues, CASA Ltd and are passionate about providing support to any business, whether considering employee ownership or already employee owned.
- Employee Engagement Planning – we work with you to create a unique Employee Engagement plan to guide you along the road to successful employee engagement
- Leadership and People Development – we take an experiential learning approach to people development, designing tasks and activities that are challenging, sometimes frustrating, but always appropriate to the organisation, and fun.
Contact: Trevor Lincoln
Telephone: 07951 692 034
- Supporting businesses in analysing which type of succession planning structure is most appropriate;
- Providing project management support on the transition to an employee owned business;
- In-depth understanding and advice on all tax and legal aspects of moving to employee ownership (whether direct or indirect);
- Detailed experience of the legal and governance issues surrounding running an EO business once the transition is complete;
- Complementary services such as the provision of financial modelling and understanding of the accounting implications.
Contact: Kay Bhatti
Telephone: 0117 917 8811
Unity Trust Bank
A commercial bank with a social conscience.
Unity is the bank you can be proud to bank with. We were established over 30 years ago, with a vision to create a bank that would serve the needs of its customers and help to create a better society.
What we offer:
- A refreshing alternative to High Street Banking providers.
- A dedicated team of sector specialist Relationship Managers.
- A straightforward and personal service from our UK-based Customer Service centre.
- Loans to businesses and organisations that contribute to economic and social change.
Contact: Lee Jagger
Telephone: 0771 141 2865
Wise Investment was established 25 years ago and has grown steadily since that time. As part of succession planning we became employee owned 4 years ago. This is of great benefit to both our clients and staff as it means we can stay truly independent and also demonstrates the value we place on being here for the longer term.
- Our purpose statement “We develop long term trusting relationships, and share our expertise, to enhance people’s lives” reflects both how we value our clients as well as our staff.
- We provide financial advice and investment management solutions to private clients.
- We give advice on areas such as retirement planning, investments, protection, inheritance tax and tax planning.
We look forward to hopefully speaking with you during the conference.
Contact: Alex Rae
Telephone: 01608 695 100
We are a law firm specialising in trusts, employee owned and family owned companies, providing advice on majority and minority employee ownership since the late 1980s. We offer:
- For the family business owner – advice on succession and transition to employee ownership, including personal capital tax advice, as well as advice on financial structuring of transition with employee shares and loans, and external finance providers.
- For directors and management – advice on commercial and not-for-profit structures and documentation, and cultural transition of businesses (including public sector businesses) into employee ownership.
- For employees – advice and training on their role as employee trustee directors, as a member of an employee council or employee director.
- For the employee trust – provision of an independent trustee director and preparation of trust accounts and trust tax returns for the employee trust.
Contact: Thomas Wainman
Telephone: 0113 204 5791
You can find out more ways to prepare for your time at the EOA Annual Conference from our delegate handbook below: